Department of Plastic Surgery
The department has facility to perform microsurgery, aesthetic surgery, treat burns, treat facial injuries, treat birth defects & perform cosmetic surgery.
The Department of plastic and cosmetic surgery offers state of the art tertiary level care in all disciples of plastic surgery
The Plastic Surgery Department in Maharaja Agrasen Hospital Dwarka is a specialized unit that focuses on reconstructive and aesthetic surgical procedures to restore form and function to the body. Plastic surgery addresses a wide range of conditions caused by congenital abnormalities, trauma, disease, and aging. Plastic surgeons are medical doctors with specialized training in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Here are some key functions and services offered by the Plastic Surgery Department:
- Reconstructive Surgery: Plastic surgeons perform reconstructive procedures to repair and reconstruct defects caused by injuries, burns, cancer excisions, and congenital conditions. Common reconstructive surgeries include breast reconstruction after mastectomy, skin grafts, and cleft lip and palate repair.
- Aesthetic Surgery: The department offers various cosmetic or aesthetic procedures aimed at enhancing appearance and self-esteem. These may include breast augmentation, liposuction, rhinoplasty, facelifts, and body contouring procedures.
- Hand Surgery: Some Plastic Surgery Departments have hand surgery specialists who focus on treating hand and upper extremity injuries, nerve compressions, and congenital hand deformities.
- Microsurgery: Plastic surgeons with expertise in microsurgery perform intricate procedures, such as tissue transfer and replantation, using microscopes and specialized techniques.
- Burn Care: The department provides comprehensive care for burn patients, including burn reconstruction and scar management.
- Skin Cancer Surgery: Plastic surgeons may perform surgical excisions and reconstruction for patients with skin cancer, ensuring both cancer removal and aesthetic outcomes.
- Gender-Affirming Surgery: Some Plastic Surgery Departments offer gender-affirming surgeries to individuals seeking gender transition procedures.
- Trauma and Facial Fracture Repair: Plastic surgeons play a crucial role in repairing facial fractures and soft tissue injuries resulting from accidents or trauma.
- Non-Surgical Cosmetic Procedures: In addition to surgical procedures, the Plastic Surgery Department may offer non-surgical cosmetic treatments, such as injectables, dermal fillers, and laser treatments for skin rejuvenation.
- Scar Revision: Plastic surgeons may perform scar revision surgeries to minimize the appearance of scars and improve skin function and aesthetics.
The Plastic Surgery Department works in collaboration with other medical specialties, including dermatology, oncology, and hand surgery, to provide comprehensive care for patients. Plastic surgery not only enhances appearance but also helps patients regain confidence, function, and quality of life after injuries or medical conditions.
Top Surgery & Procedures
Birthmark Removal Surgery
Reconstructive Burn Surgery